ScriptRunner for Bitbucket
Data Center trial
Automate & control DevOps workflows with Bitbucket's most powerful admin app
One app to enforce best practices, automate workflows, and integrate your development toolchain
Gain superpowers in Bitbucket with the power of Groovy scripting.Anything is possible, from complex best practice and compliance enforcement, to process and reporting automation, close integration with other DevOps tools, and modifying the user interface.
Create advanced processes tailored to your development lifecycle.
Save time with over 40 easy-to-set-up code-free features that address your most common needs.
Save money with one app that covers the functionality of dozens of other plugins.
Forget about writing and maintaining your own plugins, run Groovy scripts that just work instead.
Reviews from Atlassian Marketplace
( 17 )
Read more reviews
What is also said in other reviews: support great, documentation a bit spotty, especially for advanced use-cases.
Tim Haering on 24.11.2022
No surprises here, support is great, documentation can improve. I miss some more in-depth code examples, the ones available are quite basic and when you try to do something similar but not exactly as an existing built-in, you can struggle to make it happen.
Oliver Centeno on 17.05.2021
Back again to say great support with our recent ticket about ScriptRunner code to allow/ignore check for certain file extensions in the File Size Pre-Hook Joanna, big thank you once again :)
JIRA Admins on 26.03.2020
This plugin is very useful, has frequent deliveries and many helpful features. Easy to use and configure. And most importantly - a great support team, highly responsive and professional. Thanks for the great work! Yael
Yael kinor on 08.12.2019
This is a must-have extension for BitBucket. I pulled my hair trying to have server-side git hooks to work with BitBucket without success (BB does not trigger post-merge hooks on PR merge). This plugin basically allows you to script BB however you want, without the huge learning step of learning java / maven / etc. The plugin is very well integrated with BB, has a clean UI, tons of example scripts, excellent documentation, and supports all BB versions. Working with the internal code editor (with static analysis) is a huge time saver too. Don't look further.
Aurélien Vallée on 03.05.2019
ScriptRunner is a must have for doing anything custom inside Bitbucket.
Tom Hanley on 04.09.2018
Would love to see support for Bitbucket Cloud if at all possible? As we've just made the transition to the cloud for all our Atlassian products and this is one of a couple of plugins that I dearly miss ;(
Benjamin D. Smith on 03.04.2017
Unlock Bitbucket’s full potential
ScriptRunner will help you completely transform the way you work with Bitbucket
Shave time off tedious tasks
Automate any action you can think of with scripts that run once, on schedule, or in response to an event.
• Automate repository creation from templates.
• Deactivate users in bulk or delete orphaned personal repositories on schedule. • Generate reports and send them to the right person to be actioned - e.g daily summaries of all pull requests merged in a project.
Make sure DevOps best practices are followed
Embed compliance into your development workflow and create security and audit safeguards with hooks, merge checks and event listeners.
• Set up the right permissions for every project and repository from the outset, and allow only trusted users to commit.
• Ensure that changes to important or sensitive code are reviewed by mandatory reviewers.
• Make sure your projects, repositories, branches and tags are named correctly and associated with the right Jira issue.
Extend functionality with 3rd party integrations
Create close integration in your DevOps toolchain and help your users stay on top of what’s happening
• Pull data and notifications from other systems or trigger actions in them using REST endpoints.
• Set up backup and disaster recovery by mirroring other version control tools such as Github or GitLab in your behind-the-firewall instance.
• Customise the user interface to display custom messages or add buttons.
Keep repo size under control with smart reporting
When your devs push code in Bitbucket, large repositories can drastically increase checkout operation time and space requirements. ScriptRunner offers a few solutions to stay on top of your space usage.
• View and export a complete report of all your repository sizes by project with just one click.
• Receive alerts on schedule when repositories exceed a particular size, so you can take action before problems appear.
• Go one step further and prevent large files pushes from happening in the first place with pre-hooks.
Security and stability, as standard
Security and stability, as standard We're proud to have achieved these milestones (so far!) around data security, privacy and stability:
- We're ISO 20071 accredited across the entire ScriptRunner suite, denoting excellence in data security
- A SOC 2 Type 1 audit report is available which covers our handling of organisational and customer data
- We participate in Atlassian's Bug Bounty program
"This is a must-have extension for Bitbucket. This plugin basically allows you to script BB however you want, without the huge learning step of learning java / maven / etc. The plugin is very well integrated with BB, has a clean UI, tons of example scripts, excellent documentation, and supports all BB versions. Working with the internal code editor (with static analysis) is a huge time saver too. Don't look further."
Aurélien Vallée, Atlassian Marketplace
The intervals shown below are not exhaustive and are intended to give an indication of the price for your organisation and how ScriptRunner scales for growing teams.
To see an exhaustive breakdown of pricing by user tier, please click through to the Atlassian marketplace.
View on Atlassian marketplace
|Users||Annual price per tier|
View on Atlassian marketplace
|Users||Annual price per tier|
Try it for free
Get your full-feature trial from the Atlassian Marketplace today to start automating, customising, and extending Bitbucket to truly fit your organisation.
Not confident with scripting?
There are a number of features in ScriptRunner which don't require any scripting at all, but to help you take your automation to the next level, we have a library of free script snippets, plus training videos, tutorials, and webinars!
Check out all of our scripting resources and services.
Want to know how you can get involved with shaping the future of ScriptRunner?
Request a feature, take part in paid research, or share a story or use case.
Migrating from Server?
Keep the automations, customisations and hands-off housekeeping that you’ve come to rely on.
We’re ready when you are. Data Center hosting is a well-established version of ScriptRunner for Bitbucket, and you can take advantage of a 30-day free evaluation period. Head to this section of our website, which contains FAQs, webinar recordings and more to help you understand our recommended approach to migration.